San Jose, California
Minimum 10 years in high-tech field designing MEMS sensors. MS or higher in EE, ME, or similar. Hands-on manager and team builder.
- Populate and execute NextInput’s sensor roadmap
- Leverage existing IP into new functions and develop novel sensing techniques
- Build and manage team to perform design, modeling, simulation, and characterization
- Participate in multi-disciplinary system integration efforts combining mechanical and electrical systems
- Support foundry operations during process transfer/development
Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering
Strong preference for a PhD Degree with a focus on MEMS Engineering
- 10+ years of relevant MEMS design experience in sensors (inertial, pressure, microphone, etc.) with a strong preference for consumer markets
The ideal candidate has the ability to complete tasks with a high level of autonomy, manage MEMS development teams, work with a high degree of professionalism, and exhibit entrepreneurial enthusiasm. Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally.
- Strong skill set to work with and manage MEMS engineering teams
- Ability and drive to individually contribute where needed
- Extensive knowledge of MEMS design and process fundamentals
- Experience in multiple transducer types – capacitive, piezoelectric, piezo resistive
- Knowledge of wet and dry etching processes, DRIE, fusion, anodic, and eutectic bonding techniques
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If interested, please email your resume and a cover letter (in email body) referencing this position to NextInput, Inc. at email@example.com.
NextInput, Inc. provides market leading force sensing solutions to enable the next generation of intuitive, 3D human interface experience for a broad range of markets including Mobile, Wearable, IoT, Automotive, Medical and Industrial. The multi-billion unit touch enabled market is ripe for the adoption of force-based touch, for which NextInput has the best solutions in MEMS force sensing technology and algorithms.