San Jose, California
Minimum of 3 years in embedded systems FW development, preferably in touch controllers or sensor systems. Strong experience with embedded C and best practices for FW development, debug, test, and support.
- Develop and execute plans for continuous improvement of NextInput’s ForceTouch® embedded firmware
- Responsible for system design, bring-up, validation, and debug from prototype to production
- Develop and test FW for touch systems, including sampling ADCs, performing DSP/filtering, managing communication protocols like I2C and USB, and managing peripheral devices like haptics ICs, memory, etc
- Participate in multi-disciplinary system integration efforts, combining mechanical, electrical, embedded, and SW systems
- Help prepare reference FW and documentation to support customer projects
- Manage FW development for ForceTouch prototypes and test equipment
- Work with customers on application-specific ForceTouch systems
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Computer Engineering
Preference for Master’s or PhD Degree in Engineering
At least 3 years of industry experience in embedded SW for MCUs or sensor systems in real-time embedded applications. Strong preference for candidates with capacitive touch controller FW experience.
Must have the ability to complete tasks with a high level of autonomy, work in a customer-facing role with a high degree of professionalism, and exhibit entrepreneurial enthusiasm. Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally 10% of the year.
- Strong embedded C development and debugging skills
- Experience in multiple IDEs – Atmel Studio and Visual Studio
- Knowledge of software/firmware development fundamentals
- Knowledge of DSP techniques and algorithm development/test
- Experience with standard electronics bench analytical tools – oscilloscope, multimeter, logic analyzer, protocol analyzers, etc.
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If interested, please email your resume and a cover letter (in email body) referencing this position to NextInput, Inc. at HR@NextInput.com.
NextInput, Inc. provides market leading force sensing solutions to enable the next generation of intuitive, 3D human interface experience for a broad range of markets including Mobile, Wearable, IoT, Automotive, Medical and Industrial. The multi-billion unit touch enabled market is ripe for the adoption of force-based touch, for which NextInput has the best solutions in MEMS force sensing technology and algorithms.