San Jose, California
Minimum of 5 years in high-tech field developing SW/FW for custom hardware applications. BS or higher in EE, CE, or similar. Strong preference for touch controller SW/FW experience.
- Develop and execute plans for continuous improvement of NextInput’s ForceTouch® software and firmware (Windows and Android drivers, UI applications, and embedded firmware)
- Responsible for system architecture, bring-up, validation, and debug from prototype to production
- Responsible for designing and building SW/FW testing and validation tools
- Participate in multi-disciplinary system integration efforts, combining mechanical, electrical, embedded, and software systems
- Manage SW/FW/embedded developers and FAEs
- Work with customers on application-specific ForceTouch systems
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, or Computer Engineering
Preference for Master’s or PhD Degree in Engineering
Minimum of 5 years of embedded SW/FW development experience in touch controllers, MCUs, or MEMS/semiconductor industry. Experience managing SW/FW development teams. Strong preference for hands-on experience with touch or MEMS systems.
The ideal candidate has the ability to complete tasks with a high level of autonomy, manage SW/FW development teams, work in a customer-facing role with a high degree of professionalism, and exhibit entrepreneurial enthusiasm. Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally 10% of the year.
- Ability to work with and manage SW/FW engineering teams
- Experience in multiple IDEs – Visual Studio and IAR preferred
- Extensive knowledge of SW/FW development fundamentals
- Knowledge of DSP techniques and algorithm development/test
- Experience with standard electronics bench analytical tools – oscilloscope, multimeter, logic analyzer, protocol analyzers, etc.
- Experience with embedded C and Android driver development; experience with C# and Windows Driver Development preferred
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If interested, please email your resume and a cover letter (in email body) referencing this position to NextInput, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NextInput, Inc. provides market leading force sensing solutions to enable the next generation of intuitive, 3D human interface experience for a broad range of markets including Mobile, Wearable, IoT, Automotive, Medical and Industrial. The multi-billion unit touch enabled market is ripe for the adoption of force-based touch, for which NextInput has the best solutions in MEMS force sensing technology and algorithms.