Design and analysis of mobile devices with mechanically integrated sensors. Mechanical Engineering graduate degree or equivalent practical/industry experience.
- Develop and execute designs for touch systems backed by thorough engineering analysis.
- Integrate force sensors into touch interfaces for products such as modern smartphones, smart watches, and displays.
- Ensure durability, reliability, and manufacturability of force touch solutions.
- Model and simulate complex static systems to minimize maximize force signals and eliminate false activation.
- Be a technical resource in multiple areas of product design including manufacturability, reliability, and serviceability.
- Travel to customers in China and abroad for on-site support on a regular basis.
Graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering strongly preferred
Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with several years of industry experience
- Hands on work experience, including designing complex electro-mechanical assemblies with an expert-level understanding of mechanical tolerances and ability to perform detailed tolerance loop analysis.
- Metal and plastic parts design expertise along with excellent know-how in 3D CAD systems (SolidWorks and SolidWorks Simulation experience strongly preferred).
- Experience with modern smart phone and wireless device design.
- Familiar with plastic materials, plastic injection molding, touch panel fabrication, mobile device assembly techniques and materials, and touch panel integration techniques and materials.
- Well-versed in the core mechanical engineering analytical skills, including excellent facility with electromechanical systems containing PCBs/FPCs, electrical components, sensor systems, etc.
- Strong background in mechanical design of PCBAs and electrical interconnect systems.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, coupled with a well-focused attention to details; ability and commitment to produce a timely and highly accurate work product.
- Experience and comfort working directly with large OEM customers.
The ideal candidate has the ability to complete tasks with a high level of autonomy, work in a customer-facing role with a high degree of professionalism, and exhibit entrepreneurial enthusiasm. Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally.
- Ability to work with engineering teams
- Experience with SolidWorks and SolidWorks Simulation
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
If interested, please email your resume and a cover letter (in email body) referencing this position to NextInput at HR@NextInput.com.
NextInput, Inc. provides market leading force sensing solutions to enable the next generation of intuitive, 3D human interface experience for a broad range of markets including Mobile, Wearable, IoT, Automotive, Medical and Industrial. The multi-billion unit touch enabled market is ripe for the adoption of force-based touch, for which NextInput has the best solutions in MEMS force sensing technology and algorithms.