San Jose, California
Minimum of 5-10 years in high-tech field developing algorithms for custom hardware and sensor system applications. BS or higher in EE, CE, or similar. Strong preference for touch controller algorithm development experience.
- Develop and enhance NextInput’s core ForceTouch® algorithms, including sensor management, DSP, noise management, gesture recognition, event detection, and other algorithm components of NextInput’s ForceTouch firmware/software stack
- Responsible for algorithm development, testing, and validation
- Work with PhD-level scientists on algorithm concepts, implementation, and continuous improvement
- Participate in fast-paced, multi-disciplinary system integration efforts, combining mechanical, electrical, embedded, and software systems
Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics
Preference for a PhD Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics
5-10 years proven industry experience in touch controller algorithms, gyroscope/accelerometer algorithms, HRMs, or similar sensor system algorithms. Hands-on experience with algorithm development tools (E-bench equipment, MATLAB, Excel, IDEs, embedded C compilers, etc.). Experience with various MCUs, and signal chain components (ADCs, filters, etc.) desired.
Must have the ability to complete tasks with a high level of autonomy, define algorithm objectives, develop/test to objectives, and be able to clearly document and present findings.
- Deep domain expertise in developing algorithms for embedded sensor systems
- Experience in multiple IDEs – embedded C, MATLAB, Visual Studio, and IAR preferred
- Knowledge of DSP techniques and algorithm development/test
- Experience with standard electronics bench analytical tools – oscilloscope, multimeter, logic analyzer, protocol analyzers, etc.
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If interested, please email your resume and a cover letter (in email body) referencing this position to NextInput, Inc. to HR@NextInput.com.
NextInput, Inc. provides market leading force sensing solutions to enable the next generation of intuitive, 3D human interface experience for a broad range of markets including Mobile, Wearable, IoT, Automotive, Medical and Industrial. The multi-billion unit touch enabled market is ripe for the adoption of force-based touch, for which NextInput has the best solutions in MEMS force sensing technology and algorithms.