San Jose, California
3-5 years of experience with design and analysis of electronics packaging, smartphone/tablet/steering wheel/other POS developments, or capacitive touch panel development and integration. Mechanical Engineering PhD graduate or equivalent practical/industry experience.
- Develop and execute designs for complex touch systems backed by thorough engineering analysis
- Develop new force-sensing touch interfaces for products like smartphones, smartwatches, automotive touch interfaces, and many other applications
- Ensure durability, reliability, and manufacturability of force touch solutions
- Model and simulate complex static systems to minimize force shunts and maximize force signals
- Be a technical resource in multiple areas of product design such as thermal, structural, manufacturability, serviceability & reliability
PhD in Mechanical Engineering strongly preferred
Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with several years of industry experience
- Hands on work experience, including designing complex electro-mechanical assemblies with an expert understanding of mechanical tolerances and ability to perform detailed tolerance loop analysis
- Sheet metal and plastic parts design expertise along with excellent know-how in 3D CAD systems (SolidWorks and SolidWorks Simulation experience preferred)
- Experience with consumer and wireless devices design and familiar with plastic materials, plastic injection molding, touch panel fabrication, mobile device assembly techniques and materials, touch panel integration techniques and materials, and ITO sputtering/printing
- Well-versed in the core mechanical engineering analytical skills, including excellent facility with electromechanical systems containing PCBs/FPCs, electrical components, thermal variations, sensor systems, etc
- Strong background in mechanical design of PCBAs and electrical interconnect systems
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, coupled with a well-focused attention to details; ability and commitment to produce a timely and highly accurate work product
The ideal candidate has the ability to complete tasks with a high level of autonomy, work in a customer-facing role with a high degree of professionalism, and exhibit entrepreneurial enthusiasm. Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally.
- Ability to work with engineering teams
- Experience with SolidWorks and SolidWorks Simulation
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
If interested, please email your resume and a cover letter (in email body) referencing this position to NextInput, Inc. at HR@NextInput.com.
NextInput, Inc. provides market leading force sensing solutions to enable the next generation of intuitive, 3D human interface experience for a broad range of markets including Mobile, Wearable, IoT, Automotive, Medical and Industrial. The multi-billion unit touch enabled market is ripe for the adoption of force-based touch, for which NextInput has the best solutions in MEMS force sensing technology and algorithms.