San Jose, California
Minimum of 10 years in high-tech hardware/firmware/software technology. BS or higher in EE, CE, or similar. Strong preference for touch controller software/firmware experience or mixed-signal sensor applications. Hands-on manager and team builder.
- Own all aspects of NextInput’s ForceTouch® Software solutions (core code base, development tools, QA, diagnostics, and mass production software)
- Build a world-class hardware/mechanical/software/firmware development team
- Ensure 100% customer satisfaction with ForceTouch hardware/mechanical/software solutions
- Develop and execute plans for continuous improvement of ForceTouch hardware/mechanical/software (Windows and Android drivers, embedded firmware, algorithms, etc.)
- Manage architecture, bring-up, and debugging of internal demos and customer systems
- Lead documentation effort to streamline customer adoption of ForceTouch hardware/mechanical/software solutions
- Lead multi-disciplinary system integration efforts, combining mechanical, electrical, embedded, and software systems
- Manage software/firmware/embedded developers and FAEs
- Work with customers on application-specific ForceTouch systems
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, or Computer Engineering
Strong preference for Master’s or PhD Degree in Engineering
- 10+ years of relevant work experience, including designing and executing complex software/firmware/hardware systems and leading software and firmware development teams
- Strong preference with touch controller, human interface, or sensor system experience
- Hands-on experience with the latest Linux and Android operating systems, drivers, hardware abstraction layer, GPL requirements, etc.
- Deep domain expertise with software QA and qualification, including automotive software qualification standards like ASPICE
The ideal candidate has the ability to complete tasks with a high level of autonomy, work in a customer-facing role with a high degree of professionalism, and exhibit entrepreneurial enthusiasm. Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally 10% of the year.
- Ability to work with and manage firmware and software development teams
- Experience with embedded C for firmware and Linux software drivers and C# development for Windows applications
- Experience with .NET for development and diagnostic tool development
- Experience designing, implementing, and debugging complex algorithms
- Knowledge of software/firmware development fundamentals
- Experience with standard electronics bench analytical tools – Oscilloscope, multimeter, logic analyzer, protocol analyzers, etc.
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If interested, please email your resume and a cover letter (in email body) referencing this position to NextInput, Inc. at HR@NextInput.com.
NextInput, Inc. provides market leading force sensing solutions to enable the next generation of intuitive, 3D human interface experience for a broad range of markets including Mobile, Wearable, IoT, Automotive, Medical and Industrial. The multi-billion unit touch enabled market is ripe for the adoption of force-based touch, for which NextInput has the best solutions in MEMS force sensing technology and algorithms.