Mountain View, California
Opportunity: Be a part of the NextInput team and experience the excitement and energy of an innovative company disrupting the Human-to-Machine (HMI) market by revolutionizing the 3D display and the button experience. NextInput provides a vibrant workplace and is Headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley.
- Develop and execute mechanical designs for complex touch systems backed by thorough engineering analysis.
- Develop new force-sensing HMI touch interfaces for products like smartphones, smartwatches, automotive touch interfaces, and many other applications.
- Run Finite Element Analysis (FEA) on customer designs with ability to recommend realistic and innovative improvements that optimize our customer’s HMI experience (static sensitivity analysis, vibration analysis, environmental analysis).
- Be a technical resource in multiple areas of product design such as thermal, structural, manufacturability, serviceability & reliability.
Education Requirements and Work Experience:
- Master’s or PhD Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years relevant FEA work industry experience.
- Hands on work experience, including designing electro-mechanical assemblies with an expert understanding of mechanical tolerances and ability to perform detailed tolerance analysis.
- Excellent knowledge of 3D CAD systems (SolidWorks and SolidWorks Simulation experience preferred).
- Experience with consumer and wireless products, familiar with plastic materials, plastic injection molding, touch panel fabrication, mobile device assembly techniques and materials, touch panel integration techniques and materials
Local candidates only. If interested, please email your resume and a cover letter (in email body) referencing this position to NextInput, Inc. at HR@NextInput.com.
NextInput, Inc. provides market leading force sensing solutions to enable the next generation of intuitive, 3D human interface experience for a broad range of markets including Mobile, Wearable, IoT, Automotive, Medical and Industrial. The multi-billion unit touch enabled market is ripe for the adoption of force-based touch, for which NextInput has the best solutions in MEMS force sensing technology and algorithms.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com