Mountain View, California
Minimum of 8 years in applications, HW design (board level), testing, qualification and/or characterization related fields. Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science, a related field or equivalent practical/industry experience.
- Design HW (concept to full solution including schematic capture and FPC/PCB layout), drive bring-up, validation and of Proof-Of-Concept (POC) applications, development kits, etc.
- Execute specialized system integration tests according to written plans or published specifications and provide organized written test reports
- Document test methodologies for evaluation and characterization of sensors in POCs and end applications
- Develop/write datasheets, DevKit and POC user guides as well as other technical documentation related to NextInput products
- Create test plans and platforms from product specifications for electrical and mechanical testing as required for proper system integration
- Develop and maintain “Best Practices” and write “Standard Operating Procedures” (SOPs)
- Maintain and support test infrastructure by assembling, configuring, calibrating, troubleshooting, and debugging HW & SW as needed
- Participate in technical meetings to present test data in a coherent manner to senior engineers and management
- As needed also support activities in test/test automation, qualification and characterization of MEMS devices
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 8 years of relevant work experience, including successful completion of applications, bring-up/validation, system integration, characterization/test and qualification tasks (POC, MEMS)
- Strong EE skills (board level design) and background in lab tasks, automation, test equipment knowledge and test project management/organization
- Ability to complete tasks with a high level of autonomy and professionalism
- Proactively/closely interface with technical personnel/designers and vendors
- Exhibit entrepreneurial enthusiasm
- Ability to work with engineering teams
- Strong EE basics and circuit design (board level knowledge)
- Proficiency in Python, C/C++/C# or other programming languages (e.g. Matlab) used for tests/lab equipment automation
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Detail oriented and committed to producing highly accurate results in a timely fashion
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Schematic capture, board layout skills and proficiency in Altium or other board design tools are highly desired
If interested, please email your resume and a cover letter (in email body) referencing this position to NextInput, Inc. at HR@NextInput.com.
NextInput, Inc. provides market leading force sensing solutions to enable the next generation of intuitive, 3D human interface experience for a broad range of markets including Mobile, Wearable, IoT, Automotive, Medical and Industrial. The multi-billion unit touch enabled market is ripe for the adoption of force-based touch, for which NextInput has the best solutions in MEMS force sensing technology and algorithms.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org