Full time, Mountain View, California
Local candidates only. Suitable candidates must have a minimum of 3 years experience designing systems using optical, near-IR (e.g. silicon-based) and/or mid-IR (e.g. thermopile-based) sensors at a top-tier manufacturer of optical / IR sensors. Candidate must have a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or relevant practical/industry experience.
- Develop solutions using NextInput sensors.
- Put in place infrastructure for testing and bringing IR sensors to market.
- Be prepared to work with external contractors and vendors at various stages during projects in order to meet aggressive customer-driven schedules.
- Collaborate closely with operations, business and engineering teams during the product development cycle to translate customer inputs into successful, cutting-edge products.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary activities such as electrical design, hardware bring-up, algorithm development and testing.
Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- At least 3 years of relevant, non-university work experience at a top-tier optical / IR sensor manufacturer.
- Strong background in optical and/or infrared technology development
- Ability to complete tasks with a high level of autonomy and professionalism
- Proactively/closely interface with technical personnel/designers, contractors and vendors
- Exhibit entrepreneurial enthusiasm
- Deep understanding of optical and IR sensors and systems
- Experience in system specification and design
- Familiarity with relevant laboratory test equipment and measurement methodologies
- Knowledge of semiconductor devices and structures
- Strong collaborative skills and the ability to work with engineering teams
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If interested, please email your resume and a cover letter (in email body) referencing this position to NextInput, Inc. at HR@NextInput.com.
NextInput, Inc. provides market leading force sensing solutions to enable the next generation of intuitive, 3D human interface experience for a broad range of markets including Mobile, Wearable, IoT, Automotive, Medical and Industrial. The multi-billion unit touch enabled market is ripe for the adoption of force-based touch, for which NextInput has the best solutions in MEMS force sensing technology and algorithms.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org